This 8 frame hive top feeder is made from an extremely durable hard, white and seamless plastic. It won’t leak or warp and is almost unbreakable (it would take a lot to break this feeder). It holds approximately 1/2 gallon of liquid feed and sits on top of the inner cover in the hive.
Place the bottom hole of the feeder on top of the oval hole of the inner cover. Then surround the feeder with either a western (6 5/8”) super or shallow (4 5/8”) super to hold the top of your hive (any top of your choice). Your bees will enter the feeder through the bottom from the round hole. Once through the hole, they will travel up a cone that has ridges on the sides allowing the bees to move up and down the cone without falling off. A durable plastic cup covers the cone which allows for the bees to eat the feed from a smaller area while at the same time protecting them from the rest of the syrup in the feeder. As the bees eat, the liquid feed flows from the outer edges of the feeder to under the plastic cup. It also comes with a plastic lid for extra protection for your feed.
Measures 3.5" tall x 8.5" diameter.
Benefits of using this feeder:
- Easy access to fill; don’t need to crack open the hive or disturb the cluster.
- Very inexpensive compared to other hive top feeders on the market.
- Extremely durable; won’t leak or break.
- Ready-to-use; doesn’t need to be painted.
- Keeps bee deaths to a minimum.
- We do not recommend using internal feeders during freezing temperatures.